When asked, the average American can tell you the following about total body training requirements:
1) The only way to develop a slim body with a low percentage of body fat is to use cardio machines and equipment that are only accessible with an expensive gym membership.
2) If entry to the gym is not possible, expensive exercise equipment must be at home to get the best results.
3) Strength training that only requires body weight will never give better results than exercise equipment or cardiovascular equipment.
The fact is that they would be wrong. Strength training with a full-body workout at home not only allows you to get better results but can also achieve the same or better results in a much shorter time.
1) You save time because you don’t have to go to the gym or wait for the equipment to arrive.
2) You save money because you don’t have to waste it on expensive gym membership or fuel costs to get to and from the gym.
3) Get results as quickly as possible with a home gym or exercise machine (lose more body fat and build lean, sexy muscle mass).
The critical elements of a full-body workout at home:
Step 1: Choose the right exercises to build muscle, burn body fat and improve your cardiovascular condition by doing exercises that work most muscles at the same time.
Step 2: The list of exercises that offer these optimal benefits may seem small, but each exercise has many variations. Squats, lunges, reverse rows, jumps, pull-ups, and burpees are great options because they require the most excellent range of motion, recruit most muscles, and burn the most fat.
Step 3: Try to move as far as possible and avoid taking too many breaks. This increases your metabolism and significantly improves fat burning.
Example of a full-body workout at home 1:
- Bodyweight squats x 20
- Pushups x 15
- Invert lines x 15
- Board x 30 seconds
- Do each exercise as many times as you suggested without resting.
- After you have completed the entire cycle, rest for a minute or two and repeat the cycle three to five times.
- Another option is to set a 10- to the 15-minute timer and end this circuit as often as possible during this specified period.
- These exercises train all the muscles in your body, and it only takes about 15 minutes to get a very effective fat burning workout.
Example of a full-body workout at home 2:
- Burpees with pushups. This exercise only affects your entire body.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and crouch down.
- Put your hands on the floor in front of your feet. Step up into a pushup position.
- Do a pushup from this position. When you have reached the upper pushup position, put your feet back in the starting position and jump in the air.
- You can choose whether you want to do as many pushups as possible or a defined number (e.g. 50 burpees) in 15 minutes and do them as quickly as possible. Both are incredibly useful options.
- As with all exercise routines, discuss this with your doctor before starting.
- Gradually increase the number of repetitions and series. Don’t be discouraged from doing too much too quickly. For example, the next time you repeat the workout, do more burpees in the set time or complete the set number of burpees in less time.
If you want to enjoy the comfort of a full-body workout at home, these bodyweight exercises are the most effective method you can choose. Save yourself the effort and cost of training in the gym and find out how quickly and easily you can achieve a slim, healthy and attractive body.